Love is for everyone 🙌

Last month there was a pride. A celebration of the diversity of love relationships and freedom of expression.
I grew up in a culture where this is not just reprehensible (until now), but still forbidden. I know for a fact that 100% of all men I know from my culture and the vast majority of girls are disgusted with same-sex relationships.

Even here in Northern Ireland, I’ve met people who disagree that people of the same sex can be together. Since Ireland is a very religious country, the local people argued their position by the fact that “it does not please God.

I totally disagree with it. What I can’t understand:
-How can adults, independent, self-sufficient, healthy people limit the choice of partners only to people of the opposite sex
-Isn’t it clear that it is much better to live in a world of happy people who give their love to the one they want.
-I don’t believe that God could be against same-sex love. As the Bible says, “God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him”. And this means that feelings are more important than the gender.

I am very glad that I am in a country of such freedoms. Where love is not forbidden and it does not need to be hidden. For some reason, it was clear to me since childhood, even despite the atmosphere in which I lived. Love is for everyone. And I’m the biggest supporter of it.
But what is your opinion?

To those who say, ‘It does not please God’, I share a short anecdote:
    Back in the last century, Kerry Packer, an Australian media tycoon, had a massive heart attack while playing polo in Sydney. Paramedics who arrived on the scene shortly after were able to revive him with a defibrillator. As he was coming to, he said to one of them something along these lines: ‘Son, let me tell you, I’ve been to the other side and there is nothing there.’
    Despite the fact that Australia is a secular country, it took until 2017 to legalise same sex marriage, thanks to the culture wars waged by the former federal government (now languishing in opposition). The traditional churches continue to rail against it and any other manifestation of tolerance towards or support for the LGBTQI community, apparently oblivious to the almost 40% of Australians who said they had ‘no religion’ at the 2021 Census. You’ve probably guessed that a) I voted for SSM and b) am part of that 40%.
    Yes, live and let live.

2. wrookieschu says:

Great post, love is love 😊

3. granny1947 says:

Nice post.
    I guarantee that among the 100% of men against, a large number were not telling the truth.

I totally agree with you and I even suspect that some of them are themselves lgbt people, but are afraid to admit it 🤔

4. margaret21 says:

I agree with you of course. But I can feel more oppressive times returning, with the Religious Right increasingly airing their repressive views.

True! ❤️

5. Francis.R. says:

I am not and never will be Christian or from any monotheistic religion and personally I don’t think it is common or a choice. I have friends that happen to be gay and I always hope they have partners that respect them, but they are a small percentage of population. I don’t really understand why is pushed through media like if they were 70% of population, why they are limited only to their orientation, why the focus is always a suffering (this one actually I know, it is profitable). Girls always, including the friends that go in support to LGTBQ+ parades, that dislike if I joke that I like boys, which is natural, nobody should be forced to like something, just to respect the freedom of others. In my country I make the distinction between gay persons and the LGTBQ+ collective, the former are persons that I try to know well and sometimes I have the honor to be considered friends by them; the latter, in my country, tend to be people with resentment against heterosexuals; and in some cases there are some posers that declare to be bisexuals but all their partners are from the opposite sex but anyway they get paid to give conferences 🤑.

1. Anna says:

Well said!!

6. Navin says:

When a human says “it does not please God”…it’s quite obvious, it’s coming from a place filled with judgment & ego…God is love…that’s all…it’s humans, who twist things for their own sake…