I believe that it’s interesting to develop and change yourself. And often inner changes affect our lives as a whole. But not everything can be changed, some character traits, habits, features remain with us for a long time or forever. I have already written about what has changed in me during my stay in Northern Ireland. Now it’s time to figure out what hasn’t changed.
1. My relationships with friends. I was always grateful for my friends and considered them my family. Now I understand that it wasn’t in vain. If friends are known in trouble, mine have handled it very well.
2. My restlessness stayed with me. I try to be as productive as possible and if I stay at home and don’t go anywhere, I feel like I waste my time.
3. My ability to communicate with people. Although the current situation has increased my desire for privacy, I still know how to establish contact with strangers.
4. A realistic view of the world. I still soberly look at what is happening and try to evaluate myself and my actions without excessive hope (at the same time, I love to dream)
5. My English. Despite the fact that I have been here for almost 8 months, at the same time I communicate with people, read, write, go to free classes, I still don’t feel any progress in the language. It’s still standing on the same level as it was when I came here. 🤷
I think that in general there have been huge changes in me, but at the same time I have not lost the self that I love and appreciate so much. Yes, I became more anxious and nervous, but at the same time I remained a good friend, a kind and sympathetic person.
Do you think you’re very different from who you were 5/10 years ago?