My indignation!

I want to share my thoughts over some Slavic refugees. I belong to this culture and I feel responsible for how other nations see us.

I won’t be talking about the general mass of our people who actually suffer deprivation and are ready to do a lot to ensure themselves and their families a worthy existence abroad. I’m just sending them rays of support and goodness πŸ™Œ
But I’ll be talking about that specific category of people who unreasonably demand everything at once. And unfortunately I meet such people. And unfortunately, they are also involved in creating the image of the nation abroad.

Now let’s be more precisely. I’m talking about those people who, coming to another country and hiding behind military events in their own country, begin to get impudent.
They want high benefits, their own home, good treatment and !citizenship! as soon as they arrive.
But the same time they don’t want to learn a new language, to work, to pay taxes, to become a valuable and worthy resident of a new country.

And they’re often pissed off that they have to wait a long time for a visa decision (but honestly, I can sometimes cry about that particular point too πŸ˜…)
The most ridiculous that usually they didn’t have everything they want even in their own country!!
Yes, maybe people deal with stress like that and it’s their defensive reaction (that’s what my friend says). Or maybe they’re just brazen (that’s what I say).

Don’t get me wrong. I sincerely sympathize with all those who are suffering from this war, but I believe that you should always be grateful for what you have. Especially if you are given it free and with good intention.
I really want the world to know us as a kind, hospitable, hardworking people. I hope to live up to that description. Is this description also a part of yours idea of the Slavic people or not?

1. WissenShala says:

Nice 😊

1. Equipping says:

Your skills go way beyond your writing ability. You illustrative talents add tremendously to the strength of your articles.

πŸ€—

2. WissenShala says:

I really appreciate and love your attitude.

3. Equipping says:

Thanks for sharing your story.

1. Equipping says:

You are very welcome.

2. Equipping says:

Your ability to write with the excellence that is found in your articles makes a reader wanting to read more of your works.

I’m not very sure of my writing skills, but thank you ☺️

2. Lov Verma says:

It is– let us be more precise, not precisely. Learn the language πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

4. Monch Weller says:

Terribly sorry to hear that the bad eggs ruin the reputation of decent people…

Unfortunately, the characteristics you describe are not limited to a particular group. Australians have told me that South Africans are entitled, demanding and rude, and certainly some are. I don’t get cranky because there’s nothing I can do to change them. I can, however, try to alter perceptions by being a good person, giving respect to others and contributing to the community.
    There are two Macedonians in my wider circle. Nicer, more hardworking and generous people you couldn’t wish to meet. We’ve all been here so long and in each others’ company that often, that we are less defined by our cultural differences than the things that bring us together – sailing, food, wine, laughter. I’m not sure if that answers your question.

1. hgamma says:

I have enough to do with my evil
      I can make an effort to do better
      I can’t change other people
      a community has its dark side
      it doesn’t do me any good
      in the public
      me as a good person
      apparently for sale

You’re absolutely right. Even if I can’t change others, I can still try to be the better person. Thank you πŸ€—

6. Nerja Yadav says:

Beautiful πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°

7. chattykerry says:

I have met many Slavic people over the years from different countries. Everyone was different; some were hilarious extroverts and others morose…😊 It is much the same here. One friend from Colombia, who came here after university with her husband, is often asked if she crossed the Mexican border to come here! She came on a plane and a regular visa!

πŸ˜„πŸ™ˆ
      Yeah everyone is different that’s true! 😊

8. Lance Dean says:

There are always low people, everywhere you go. And it is true that perhaps it was the violence that pushed them over the top. Still it is the good people who will seek good. A way through and a way out. And be a light in the darkness.

9. We have lifelong citizens who have never felt the sting of war or oppression who feel that way. I think it is fundamental to humans that a small percentage of us will always feel entitled regardless of our personal condition and will demand special treatment even though others aren’t getting any treatment at all.

10. Sofia, I am delighted that I found your blog today! I have read some of your comments and have been looking for you online.
    My late husband’s family originally came from Belarus and Poland, and my two youngest children, ages thirty and thirty-one are a brother and sister from Russia. My wonderful next-door neighbors are from Ukraine. There are many people from both Russia and Ukraine in SW Florida. Where do you live?
    I hope that you are doing well! ❀ Have a great week!

Currently I live in Belfast, Northern Ireland, which is a part of United Kingdom. But originally I’m from Crimea.
      And thank you for visiting my blog and your interest. Hope all of us will have a great week πŸ€—

11. valy71 says:

I don’t know the story of all the people. Thank you very much, Sofia, I like your thinks.
    Good evening!
    Valeria

1. valy71 says:

12. Priti says:

Kind , hospitable, and hard working people are the common people who are maximum but they can’t do anything only to see all helplessly. Great post.

πŸ€—

1. Priti says:

😊

13. I worked around the world for thirty years before returning to Australia and found that in every country there are good and bad people. No country has a monopoly on bad people. The only Slavic people I know are good people so I don’t judge the Russian people for what their leaders are doing because they want the same things you and I do and that is a chance to live in peace and enjoy life. Russian people do not have the power to stop their leaders from doing what they are doing in Ukraine.

“No country has a monopoly on bad people” πŸ‘

14. gwengrant says:

That’s a wonderful picture. Good luck with your new country.
    Gwen.