Refugee notes: who am I?

I always wanted to travel a lot. To visit different countries, learn from other cultures and exploring the world. So dreams come true ladies and gentlemen. I did want it too badly so now I’m here. Abroad, lonely, depressed and frustrated. My life has changed 24 of February 2022 and it won’t be the same never again.
So the only thing I can do is try to get used to it. Time is healing and hopefully I’ll be healing by time. I know for sure that million of people are struggling with the same situation right now. They’re far from home, friendless, exhausted and they don’t have emotional support we all really need. I want to hold every single person and wipe all of their tears because I know how hard this situation is.
I desperately want to help everybody but I can’t help even myself.
That’s why I started to write. Because I believe that you can relieve your pain sharing your story. And I hope it could help me. So here I am. A young woman claiming asylum in Northern Ireland, with the baggage of the past, without any future but hoping for the best. And I extremely need you to be
with me..

#refugee#Ukraine#Russia#peace#stopwar

my first photo in Belfast

1. Thinkerlogy says:

Wish you well and the strength to move forward.
    Namaste 🙏

Thank you so much for your support I really appreciate it 🤗

2. Ana Daksina says:

On this planet right now, one of every sixty five people is homeless. A blessing to you, and to all homeless, and to all those who are okay with us being that way ~ the worst and lowest fate of all. I feel for you, sister.

Thank you! I hope one day we can build a society where noone will be homeless and food less 🙌

3. Priti says:

Yes absolutely writing can decrease our pain.Keep writing

1. Priti says:

You are welcome 😘 stay blessed 💞💞

4. Navin says:

Hi Sofia, your words touched my heart right away…a blessing you are…you are struggling yourself…but at the same time, you wish to help others in similar situation…your will power is strong, I can sense…Writing is definitely therapeutic…one of the reasons I started to write poems just like that…I wish I knew someone in Northern Ireland, who could help you out…you’re always welcome to reach me out through my contact page on my blog…Wishes 💫

Thank you! Such kind words help me a lot 🤗

1. Navin says:

You’re welcome, Sofia 💫

5. emmblu says:

Prayers for you and Ukraine. Here’s hoping for a speedy and peaceful resolution to that crazy war. Stay strong and positive.

Thank you! I hope everything will be good soon 🙌

6. Thotaramani says:

Soon! May you have everything good 👍🏻 Keep trying

7. KK says:

Wish you all the best 👍

8. While living in Miami, Florida (USA), I met many Cuban refugees that had fled their country in the early 1960’s. They left their land and came to the United States because of the communists that had taken control of their land. Now I find many Cuban refugees arriving in the US but after a year, when they are granted permanent residency, they immediately go back to Cuba to visit friends and relatives. Are they then really relatives? Those that fled communism had no hope of ever returning to visit anyone…
    I wish you the best of luck in your new home. Life moves eternally forwards, the past is not reality, only the present counts.
    All the best and greetings from Spain

Everyday I miss my friends and family and everyday I talk to them but feeling of loneliness is still with me and it is the worst part of being abroad (I’ll write about it later) but anyway thank you for good words 🙏

1. You’re very welcome. All the best to you…

9. Healing Creations PNW says:

Sending you love 💗

Thank you! 🤗

1. Healing Creations PNW says:

Of course 💓 you are not alone. Message me anytime you need someone to talk to. I’m happy to be a friend to someone so kind and in need of communication. 💓

Wow! I really didn’t expect such acceptance and support. Thank you very much ☺️💕

3. Healing Creations PNW says:

Oh, we are all here trying to survive and learn. We must have people – souls – to connect with. It’s imperative that we feel we have someone to reach out to when we are down, as well as when we are elevated. We aren’t alone on this earth, for a reason. We need each other. 💓🦋💓

That’s so true 🤗🙏

10. Outsider says:

Sending Love your way❤️. Wish you only the positives.

I can’t even begin to understand what it must be like for you. There are Ukrainian refugees recently arrived in Australia, adjusting to a semblance of normal life against the backdrop of trauma and the culture shock of a new country. We think of you all, all the time.

Thank you!🤗 It’s really hard for all of us now but I’m sure we’ll handle it and become stronger 💪

12. Harshi says:

Stay strong and bravo for sharing this!

13. Kally says:

Keep on writing. You write beautifully.

I know that my English isn’t perfect and I make lots of mistakes but I’m honest here and I just want to share my experience with people. So I’m really glad if you like it. Thank you 💕

1. Kally says:

You’re most welcome

14. Wow I just started reading your blog! So touching and so brave for you to actually share your experiences and your journey with the world. Wishing you all the best and sending love and prayers.

Thank you!🤗
      I was just thinking today that maybe this blog will not be popular, but if it helps anyone feel better away from home, then I am doing everything right 🙏

15. equinoxio21 says:

Loneliness is to be expected. What is happening in Ukraine is a shame. Hopefully you won’t be a refugee too long.
    Prayers for that. I have been so shocked that the majority of my posts since 24 Feb have been about Ukraine with one or two exceptions. Feel free to visit and comment.
    One feels so helpless. But still, I believe Ukraine will win. Eventually.
    Meanwhile, make the most of your temporary exile. Walk the streets of Belfast.
    Free Ukraine. 🇺🇦

1. equinoxio21 says:

I wish I could do more. I can imagine how hard it must be to miss your family, your friends, fear for their safety all the time. And then come to a strange country, where people have a funny accent. 😉 (Airish!).
        If I may be so bold. Just try to give yourself an hour every day where you just walk outside, look at everything and concentrate on your “new” place. Walking is a good cleansing exercise.

16. Stay strong Sofia! Think of how far you’ve come; how much you’ve overcome; how much you’ve achieved and how much you’re achieving. It’s no mean feat! Well done you!
    You’re also holding a beacon up for your family and friends in your homeland and no doubt, you’re an encouragement to them. Big, virtual hugs to you. 💞👊🏻💐

17. spwilcen says:

Wish the best for you. You will do well. Believe that, and making it true is within your power.

18. There is not a soul who wouldn’t ‘feel’ for your journey dear lady. Anyone suddenly tossed out of their normal, safe, comfort zone and not feel its pain would not have a heart…just as Putin doesn’t. But just sometimes among the mayhem a little ray of sunshine can be found. May many on here share theirs with you. Love and light, a smile and a hug from down under 😀 ❤️ 🙏🏽 🦋

19. fgsjr2015 says:

I believe that refugees can actually be perceived by large swaths of the refuge-nation’s society as though they’re somehow disposable and, by extension, their suffering is somehow less worthy of external concern; perhaps something similar to how human smugglers perceive their cargo when choosing that most immoral line of business.
    It is astonishingly atrocious that such a large number of human beings, however precious their souls, can be considered thus treated as though disposable, even to otherwise free, democratic and relatively civilized nations. [One can observe this with the many Canadian indigenous children having been buried in unmarked graves.] When those people take note of this, tragically, they’re vulnerable to begin subconsciously perceiving themselves as beings without value.
    Though perhaps subconsciously, a somewhat similar inhuman(e) devaluation is observable in external attitudes toward the daily civilian lives lost in protractedly devastating war zones and famine-stricken nations; the worth of such life will be measured by its overabundance and/or the protracted conditions under which it suffers and/or even its lack of ‘productivity’. Thus, those people can eventually receive meagre column inches on the back page of the First World’s daily news. …
    In the case of migrants, they are callously accused of becoming permanent burdens on their host/employer nations. I, however, have noticed over decades the exceptionally strong work ethic practiced by migrants, especially in the produce harvesting sector. It’s back-busting work that almost all post-second-generation Westerners won’t tolerate for ourselves.
    Migrants are perceived by less scrupulous employers as though the former are disposable human beings and, by extension, their turmoil is somehow less worthy of concern. Perhaps something similar to how most human smugglers perceive their migrant cargo, the latter’s suffering somehow being less worthy of such immoral entrepreneurs’ concern.
    Often overlooked by their critics is that many migrants flee global-warming-related chronic crop failures in the southern hemisphere widely believed to be related to the northern hemisphere’s chronic fossil-fuel burning, beginning with the Industrial Revolution.

20. Sending love, hugs and prayers…

21. aussiebirder says:

Dear Sofia, woman of wisdom, God loves you dearly and knows your struggle and has been there in the person of Jesus when his family had to flee to Egypt to escape. There is much peace and comfort dear one to be found in him. It is heart breaking to see your suffering and that of your family and country, we pray earnestly for daily. Blessings and love to you and your family. “The Lord protects the foreigners among us. He cares for the orphans and widows, but he frustrates the plans of the wicked.” Psalms 146:9

22. Sofia, you are probably realizing that you have a growing ‘extended family’ that wraps all the way around the world. You rightfully feel lost, worried, sad, as well as emotionally torn. Even the strongest of individuals would be struggling to hold it all together. You are a walking ambassador for your country, and we respect and admire your strength and courage.
    From Ecuador, Lisa

Thank you so much, Lisa.
      You have no idea how important those words are to me. I’m very grateful. 🤗

1. Hello beautiful woman! Your story helps all of us examine our own lives, and for me, I try to imagine what it would be like to need to leave for personal safety – yet have no one/no where to go. I am from the USA but live in Ecuador – far from my original support system, but I find that there are beautiful people everywhere – and my ‘soul family’ just gets larger and larger. With internet, it gets even larger, and you for sure are welcome to be part of my surrogate family! In unison all of us have an invisible web of positive connections – and it makes a difference.

perhaps if people were as open to each other as you are, there would be less evil in the world. Thank you 🔅

3. That applies to you as well. I hope that it has been a good day for you – and the week will bring good people into your life there at work – and when ‘off’ duty.

23. Orca Flotta says:

Why did you flee from Crimea? It’s largely untouched by the “special military operation”. You got nothing to fear and nothing to suffer there. Well, except you’re a nazi and Ukro nationalist. Then of course the Russians aren’t your besties. 😐

You may find out how I ended up in Northern Ireland by reading my last post ☺️

1. Orca Flotta says:

Not that easy. I only have access to this one post and your title page. No register of content, no links to other posts. :/

Oh okay thanks I’ll try to fix it maybe I just need to change my settings ☺️
        And in short I came here 6 months ago before this Ukrainian-Russian situation. So technically I didn’t flee Crimea.

3. Orca Flotta says:

Far as I know Crimea is only bothered by the situation since the Ukros blocked the water supply. But the Russkies fixed it and apart from that there are no fights on Crimea. And the whole war will be over in a couple weeks anyway and America’s nazi goons will be destroyed.

I respect your opinion, even if I don’t agree with it.

5. Orca Flotta says:

Errm, you’re the local so you must know better. I only get my news from the internet. And there, sorry to say, I found no reports about any hostile combat operations on Crimea. The nazis obvsly didn’t dare doing more than just blocking the water supply. I guess they are too cowardish to engage mother Russia in a direct battle. And now, with Mariupol liberated there should be peace and quiet on the Black Sea coast/Crimea.

Sorry, I’m confused. I don’t understand whom you call nazis and by whom and from whom Mariupol was liberated. And have you seen the latest photos of Mariupol?

7. Orca Flotta says:

“I don’t understand whom you call nazis”
        Asov battalion and the Zelensky regime. Come on, they even self-identify as nazis. At least the Asovholes are. :/

“and by whom”
        RF forces + Donbas militias

“and from whom Mariupol was liberated.”
        From Zelensky, Ukro forces and Asov. Didn’t you watch the news during the last couple weeks?
        BTW, is it ok to say just ‘Ukro’ or must I spell out ‘Ukrainian’ every time?
        Just a fresher: War is finally over for Mariupol and people can start getting their life back.

But … as it turns out the Russians shouldn’t even have started their de-nazification program as the Asovs can do it perfectly by themselves:

Need No Russian

I have nothing to say to that. Obviously, our opinions are different. Therefore, the only thing I can do is wish love and peace to the whole world 🙌

9. Orca Flotta says:

“our opinions are different.”
        You’re confusing opinion with facts, darling.

Don’t tell me it wasn’t the Russians who liberated Mariupol and it wasn’t a mix of Asov and regular Ukro military hunkering down in Asovstal. And don’t tell me Asov battalion aren’t nazis. And don’t tell me Zelensky isn’t … wasn’t using them.

And, no, that’s not an opinion, those were questions/suggestions. Your turn now. Give me some facts that help me change my mind.

24. Dear Sofia
    Countries that have an autocratic system, where only a few people are at the top and make decisions, there is also the danger that they lie to their country and people for the sake of power, power and control, to satisfy their ego and mind and to continue to sit on the chair of power. For this reason, they need lies and propaganda to get the backing of their own people. The time will come when these lies will be exposed and the people, who were so easily fooled, will blush and be ashamed. Basically, everything is a battle of good and evil, of truth and falsehood, of right and wrong – Humanity has evolved technically and intellectually (it has partly enabled intellectual wrestling), but spiritually we are as high as we were thousands of years ago. We should realise that we are all one big family sharing one planet – however, we still give too much priority to skin colour, nationality, cultural background and religious beliefs – we should all, first and foremost, see ourselves as human beings and develop humanity instead of fighting each other, competing in comparatives and superlatives. Sant Kirpal Singh (he was a saint who lived in India) emphasised: “Reformers are needed, not of others, but of themselves…” and also Gandhi said: “Be the change you wish to see in the world”. Means, we should start to change or to reform ouselves to become a better person, more human person.
    Violence sows only violence and blood cannot be washed away with blood. Unfortunately, there is still so much hate in the heads of many people. Can a person love who has deep anger and hate in himself? No, surely not – and this is also our problem we see in the world.
    So I wish for you: Learn as much as you can while living abroad and get to know different cultures, this all will help you to widen your horizon of humanity and spiritual wisdom. A good journey on your path and accept even if life teaches sometimes to swallow bitter pills.
    Thanks for sharing, dear friend 🙂
    Hugs and love
    Didi

Yes, I agree, we must multiply love and compassion in this world. Thank you 🤗

2. Orca Flotta says:

““Reformers are needed, not of others, but of themselves…” and also Gandhi said: “Be the change you wish to see in the world”.”

The sad thing is that all of us fair people, pacifists, humanists and democratic socialists know those sayings by heart and live by them. The people who should listen and learn them tend to ignore those old wisdoms. The list includes all American presidents and conservative politicians, many European, African, South American and Asian leaders as well. But first and foremost at least half the population of the USA. 😦

1. Dear friend,
        The problem lies in ourselves. As long as ego and mind controls us we are not really a better person and a better person would not find mistakes in others but in himself/herself or would not compare himself/herself – and this is a big problem the whole world faces. Humilattion cannot start with saying: I am good person and you are not so a good person – as Kabir has put it: He found himself the worst person on earth – so he did not blame others but just himself – this is real humilation. Our pride to be something is another problem – these things come from our own ego, if we are aware of it or not. We even think that we know ourselves, but reality is that we do not know ourselves, for example all the tricks of our own mind, how it convinces us to do and think things according to its motives behind. That is why wise men tell us: “Man know thyself” or in old Greek: “Gnothi seauton”. Another sign why we are under the influence of our ego and mind is: We easily get angry, we change the colour of our mind if it is not pleased and does not get want it wants. So the whole thing is not of political nature – but of spiritual nature which we all have neglected. Politically nothing has changed – man is somehow the same as as he was some thousand years ago. We still fight against each other without knowing the that all is One as the drop of water is one with the Ocean.
        All the best
        Didi

25. picpholio says:

Wonderful street art, thanks for sharing.
    From the deepest of my heart, I wish you the very best in these difficult times.
    Kind regards,
    Rudi

2. Orca Flotta says:

What a load of hogwash, Rudi. You see what happens if you’re weak and refuse to stand straight. Yes, right, you find yourself trampled upon. Best example: Donbas.

1. Orca Flotta says:

I meant Didi, not Rudi. Sorry.

26. ermarie7 says:

Blessings for you Sofia, I pray for you and everyone, and I’m sure there are also beautiful things still ahead in live, I wish you the best and the Lord is always with us and taking care of us too for sure. Sofia was my mother’s name and now she lives in heaven and she was the best mom for me, you have a beautiful name indeed. Hugs.

1. ermarie7 says:

🙂💐

27. theburningheart says:

Best wishes for you, keep hope, and be strong, things happen for a reason, and sometimes it may take us years to figure out, until we are able to see things with the benefit of time, and the new experiences you may still have to experience in your future.

28. Praying for you and your countrymen. Keep the faith!!

29. Praying for you and your countrymen. Keep the faith!!

30. We don’t always understand why we suffer-but knowing God will never leave me or forsake me comforts me! Praying for you today.

31. davidprosser says:

You are going through something that the strongest person would wilt under. I’m glad you’ve got the facts of the situation
    Sorted in your mind an won’t allow those trying to sow discord or distort facts to influence you.I hope the war ends soon and that you get whatever it is that;s best for you but in the meantime I wish you as much happiness as you can manage in Ireland.

2. Orca Flotta says:

David, please don’t forget the good Sofia left Crimea weeks before Russia’s special military operation for reasons unknown. Prolly looking for a better future and better job prospects. She’s defacto not a refugee, and as a Crimean she wouldn’t even have the slightest reason to flee. Worst thing happened to Crimea was a feeble attempt by Ukraine to cut off the fresh water supply. But the Russians fixed that quickly. And by now they secured the land route to Crimea in addition to the bridge across the Strait of Karch.

Also Sofia is not dwelling in Ireland proper but in North Ireland, which is an exclave of the UK on the Irish island. Major distinction being that Ireland is an EU country, while North Ireland isn’t. Now they can’t even send lorries with goods across the economical border anymore.

32. jilldennison says:

Thinking of you, Sofia, hoping that life will one day be bright and happy for you again. So sorry, so saddened by what you and so many others are suffering. Big hugs.

33. davidprosser says:

As usual Orca you fight the good fight for Putin and The Russians ignoring the facts, Putin invaded a Sovereign Nation and his forces have attacked non military targets like hospitals and Residential areas, Mariupol has not been liberated but lost to invaders. Arguing your Pro Russian and Pro Putin ideas with me is one thing but a little cruel I think to be telling A Ukrainian how things are in her own Country.and referring to them as Fascists and Nazis.From what I read and see they are all heroes.

1. Orca Flotta says:

“As usual Orca you fight the good fight for Putin”
      Where in my post did you find any evidence of me rooting for Putin or Russia? All I did was setting some facts straight.

“and The Russians ignoring the facts, Putin invaded a Sovereign Nation”
      Hardly. In fact Ukraine had lost the sovereign status after the CIA operated Maidan massacre. But that wasn’t even a reason for Russia to invade. Many many more provocations were needed to force the Russians to finally engage. The final decision was made after they received news about an impeding attack on Donbass.

“and his forces have attacked non military targets like hospitals and Residential areas,”
      No, they didn’t. Ukraine faked a lot and projected their own evil deeds onto the Russians. I guess the Russians hit two civil targets: One was a local SBU headquarter, the other a hospital that has been turned into mili6tary barracks some time ago. Americans will never ever understand these things, coz for you war means bombing raids for weeks on end and turning the whole country into rubble. The Russians eye the Ukrainians as brothers and would never never cause civil damage.

“Mariupol has not been liberated but lost to invaders.”
      Tell that to the local population and prepare for a beating. The people of Mariupol are super duper happy to finally be rid of the Ukros.

“Arguing your Pro Russian and Pro Putin ideas with me is one thing”
      I am not pro Putin ffs! I mean he is the bestest president any country could wish for but that doesn’t matter in this case. The Russians wouldn’t have reacted any differently with another guy at the helm. Probably even sooner, since Putin has a bit of a softy reputation among his peers. The nationalists and the youth are far more radical than Putin and haven given up on the West long ago while Putin was still trying to do business and negotiate deals with the EU.

“but a little cruel I think to be telling A Ukrainian how things are in her own Country”
      Not my problem that she is so badly informed. And btw, she didn’t post anything about how things are in her country. Just some vague sob story.

“and referring to them as Fascists and Nazis.From what I read and see they are all heroes.”
      But but but they are openly Nazis and cowards, using civilians as human shields and killing a lot of people and pushing the blame on Russia.
      Actually I’ve seen evidence of a Ukrainan combat vehicle parked in the narrow space between two civilian houses, where they felt save with all the human shields around them. Of course the Russians destroyed vehicle and crew with surgical precision without leaving more than some scratches on the walls of the neighbouring buildings.

Let’s face it and cut your patriotic nonsense: The Russians are indeed fighting the good fight and I’m super pissed off that not all of Europe is behind them. Although I guess a majority of the people is but our corrupt politicians are bought by Nuland and her hubby.

And I dunno what you’re complaining about. Everything goes perfectly for Washington right now: You got another proxy war with Russia, you destroyed the tender relations between Germany and Russia, you are on the best way to de-industrialize Germany, your military-industry complex will receive the not small sum of 100 billion $$$ from Germany, you turn Europe into a poorhouse (client states), and you’ll find lots of applause in the West when you turn your eyes on China.

To a

1. BHB says:

Wow. Did you come?

2. davidprosser says:

Just as a matter of record I’m not American and not affiliated with an amnerican p.o.v. I’m from the UK and in a position to talkt to Ukrainians so I know they'[re not nazis or fascists.. They may have regarded Russians as brothers before but that is rapidly going.

34. I hate what’s happening in Ukraine, and I hope you find you have a good new start in Northern Ireland. Writing helped me through a lot and I am sure it will help you too! All the best!

35. Francesca says:

You are very brave!! So brave.

Not at all.🙈 I’m just very lucky to be in the right place at the right time, but thank you anyway 🤗

36. Myr says:

I feel every word you write. I left Syria in 2012 and ended up a refugee in Canada in 2016. Pouring my thoughts into words is therapeutic. I used to only do it in notebooks, now I am venturing into the virtual world! Wishing you strength and healing.

Thank you!
      Same to you 🌺

37. Anna says:

I am glad you “liked” my comment on another page because it has given me the chance to discover you! I wish you luck in this crazy world. It sucks what has happened to you and your country. My brother in law is Ukrainian and my family is Croatian, so i understand how nerve racking it is to be from a country that is suffering war. All the best to you Sofia x